Optomagnonics is a newly developing topic where one studies the coupling of light to magnon excitations in solids. This workshop will gather groups working in this area and related areas, such as spin-light coupling in atomic clouds, spintronics, and magnonics in general.
Silvia Viola Kusminskiy (main contact person)
- Mikael Afzelius (Geneva)
- Gerrit Bauer (Tohoku University & Delft)
- Yaroslav Blanter (Delft)
- Sergej Demokritov (Muenster)
- Michael Flatté (Iowa)
- Dirk Grundler (EPFL)
- James Haigh (Cambridge)
- Can-Ming Hu (Manitoba)
- Hans Huebl (WMI - Munich)
- Alexy Karenowska (Oxford)
- Johannes Majer (Vienna)
- Yasunobu Nakamura (Tokyo)
- Andreas Nunnenkamp (Cambridge)
- Philipp Pirro (Kaiserslautern)
- Eugene Polzik (Copenhagen)
- Sebastian Probst (Saclay)
- Hugues de Riedmatten (ICFO - Barcelona)
- Dan Stamper-Kurn (Berkeley)
- Youtarou Takahashi (Tokyo)
- Hong Tang (Yale)
- Koji Usami (Tokyo)
When and Where: The workshop will span three full days, from 9:00 AM of Monday June 26 to 6:00 PM of Wednesday June 28, and will take place at the brand new building of the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light in Erlangen, Germany.
Please find a pdf of the program here.
In order to register for participation in the workshop, please send an e-mail to Ms. Gesine Murphy with the following information:
1) Full Name
3) Would you like to present a poster?
Registration is open until Friday, June 2nd. There is no registration fee.