Erlangen as new temporary home - we help to set you up! Settling down in a new country, far away from home, faced with a foreign culture and language: that represents a big challenge for many people.
Before arriving in Germany, lengthy preparations are often required. To make everything run as smoothly as possible, and to turn your time in Germany into an unforgettable, rewarding and educational experience, the Welcome Center has been established by the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light in 2014.
The Welcome Center provides support with the following topics:
- Assistance with your visa application
- Guidance for living and working in Germany (registration at the town hall, opening a bank account, health insurance, ...)
- Arrangements with the institute's guest apartments (if available) help in finding accommodation by providing information about e.g. estate agents, websites, and general information about the housing situation in Erlangen and its surroundings, ...)
- Information on childcare facilities and school enrolment
- Support with finding a nursery place in the Kita Anny Frank, which provides reserved spots for members of the institute, address: Am Europakanal 69, 91056 Erlangen-Büchenbach
- Contact the pme family service, if a short-term care facility is needed
- Establish contact to the Dual Career Netzwerk Nordbayern (DCNN). The network provides both advice and support in finding employment for the partners of new employees in leading positions.
- Organisation of the intercultural football team
Contact Welcome Center :
phone: +49 (0) 9131 - 7133 - 812