The hBar Omega Student Chapter Erlangen e.V. is based at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light in Erlangen and aims to improve the visibility of optical science as well as to spark the interest of a broad public in fundamental research. Beside these goals, we are also engaged to:
- enhance the quality of optics student life through providing a student community, additional education and industrial contact
- promote optical science and fundamental research among the academic and local communities through various outreach activities
- strengthen the communication and interaction between students, faculties and administration
- broaden the students’ insight of post-graduate opportunities by connecting our members with leaders from scientific institutions and companies employing physicist and engineers
- network socially and scientifically with other OPTICA Student Chapters
We organize a variety of events in order to achieve these objectives. Ranging from participating at large cultural events like the “Blue night” in Nuremberg, hosting social networking events like a games night and organizing filed trips to large companies like Zeiss.
You are interested to join or want to contribute actively? We are happy to welcome you in our team! Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch!
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Your hBar Omega Student Chapter