We offer positions for:
- Students: Bachelor or Master thesis
- Doctoral students: PhD Programmes IMPRS-PL, IMPRS-PM and Max Planck School of Photonics
- Postdoctoral researchers and Senior Scientists
- Non-Scientific personnel
Join our team of about 300 employees!
The Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light currently consists of four divisions, several independent research groups and four technical service and development groups. To find out where you might fit in you can read up on each group’s work in the research section of their websites.
Whether you want to do a bachelor or master thesis, looking to receive a PhD or join MPL as a Postdoc or Senior Scientist, best check on the websites of the different divisions and contact them directly.
- MPL cooperates with the Erlangen Graduate School in Advanced Optical Technologies (SAOT) and the Excellence Cluster Engineering of Advanced Materials, that are both run by the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg.
- Together with partners, MPL offers the international PhD programme International Max Planck Research School Physics of Light and the graduate school Max Planck School of Photonics.
- Women at MPL may apply for a scholarship at the Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard Stiftung. The foundation aims to enable women with children to create the freedom and mobility required to further their scientific careers.
- MPL offers stipends to outstanding international guest scientists in the wider field of optics and quantum optics, the Herbert Walther Fellowship.
- The Herbert Walther Fellowship is also available for students who want to pursue a PhD at MPL.
- The Emmy Noether travel grant supports female MPL staff in their professional development by bringing them together with executives who have already proven themselves in a management position.
- The Max Planck Society (MPG) is a certified member of the work-life-balance programme "audit berufundfamilie" since 2006. Read more about the programme.