- Research at MPL
- Independent Research Groups
- Zieske Research Group
Welcome to the website of the Katja Zieske Research Group
The research focus of our group addresses how spatial and temporal patterns emerge in multicellular systems from cellular interactions and interactions between cells and their extracellular environment. In addition, we are interested in how spatial patterns and forces emerge at lipid membrane interfaces and use synthetic lipid membranes and purified proteins, to reconstitute mechanisms for biological Organization.
In a multidisciplinary approach our group makes use of the following technologies:
- Quantitative fluorescence microscopy und light patterns
- Optical control of soft matter / Light-switchable proteins
- Microfluidics und lithographic technologies
- Synthetic lipid membranes
- Protein engineering and protein purification
- Cell biological methods, cell culture
If you are interested in joining the group as a student, PhD student or Postdoc please contact Katja Zieske!
(Research group, 2022)
Zieske Research Group
MPI for the Science of Light
D-91058 Erlangen, Germany
Stay up-to-date with MPL’s latest research via our Newsletter.
Current issue: Newsletter No 25 - January 2023
Click here to view previous issues.
MPL Research Centers and Schools
© Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light